The Bed & Breakfast Experience
The Sharp Rock Way
- Your own private cottage — perfect for couples and families
- Complimentary wine tasting and bottle of your choice
- Cottages stocked with coffees, teas, juices & snacks
- Fresh fruit & baked goods at your convenience
- Mountain views with riverside location
Set in an unspoiled, rolling valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains with the Hughes River gently meandering along the property, Sharp Rock’s twenty-five acres embody the peace and pleasures of country life at its best. Sharp Rock Farm is not only a bed and breakfast, but a working vineyard and winery. Guests are invited to tour the vineyard and taste the award-winning wines in our tasting room.
Wake to golden sun rays peeking over the mountains. Lull yourself into a complacent, slower rhythm of life as the Hughes River plays its constant song. Unwind by relaxing on the decks while you drink in the refreshing air. Stroll through the vineyard, or simply cozy up in your cottage with a good book or conversation.
- Hike the nearby, legendary Old Rag Mountain (it’s the sharp peak you see from your deck).
- First-time hikers can travel to White Oak Canyon Falls for an easy sojourn.
- Little Devil Stairs attracts more experienced climbers.
- Take a short drive to the famed Luray Caverns.
- You can go horseback riding, antiquing, gallery-hunting or wine tasting.
- You can try your luck at fishing for fresh mountain trout right in your own yard.
- In warmer months, take a refreshing dip in the clear, mountain-fed water of the Sharp Rock swimming hole.
$225: Sunday – Thursday for one or two people; $240: Friday & Saturday /$25.00 per extra person
The Cottage could be called “The Sunset House”. From its park-like setting you can witness sunsets that you will never forget. The oldest structure on the farm (circa 1790), the cottage is a charming reconstruction of a cozy two-story country home, with original wood flooring.
- The air-conditioned Cottage is ideal for two to four people.
- It has a living room with fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- One with bath
- A wide deck, complete with grill and furniture and with lovely mountain and vineyard views.