The Cottages at Sharp Rock Vineyards
The Bed & Breakfast Experience
The Sharp Rock Way at Old Rag Mountain
- Your own private cottage — perfect for couples and families
- Complimentary wine tasting and bottle of your choice
- Cottages stocked with complimentary coffees, teas, juices & snacks
- Enjoy fresh fruit & baked goods in the privacy of your cottage each morning
- Mountain views with riverside location
Sharp Rock in an unspoiled, rolling valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Hughes River gently meanders through Sharp Rock’s twenty-five acres which embody the peace and pleasures of country life at its best. Sharp Rock Farm is not only a bed and breakfast, but a working vineyard and winery. Guests are invited to tour the vineyard and taste the award-winning wines in our tasting room.
Wake to golden sun rays peeking over the mountains and lull yourself into a complacent, slower rhythm of life. Unwind and relax with a glass of wine on your private cottage deck. Stroll through the vineyard or simply cozy up in your cottage with a good book or conversation.
- Hike the nearby and legendary Old Rag Mountain only 2 minutes up the road
- First-time hikers can travel nearby to White Oak Canyon Falls for an easy sojourn.
- Little Devil Stairs attracts more experienced climbers.
- Take a short drive to the famed Luray Caverns.
- Nearby you can go horseback riding, antiquing, gallery-hunting or wine tasting.
- Try your luck at fishing for fresh mountain trout footsteps from your cottage.
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the clear mountain-fed water of the Sharp Rock swimming hole.
The Carriage House
$200 per night: Sunday – Thursday / $220: Friday & Saturday
The first thing you appreciate about the Carriage House is its total privacy.
- The view is spectacular — a clear portrait of Old Rag Mountain with the Hughes River flowing below.
- The light and cheery bedroom/sitting room opens to a deck shaded by an ancient cherry tree.
- Authentic touches, such as 150-year-old pine flooring, are complimented by modern conveniences.
- Cottage has A/C
- Queen bed
- Mini refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave
$225: Sunday – Thursday for one or two people; $240: Friday & Saturday /$25.00 per extra person
The Cottage could be called “The Sunset House”. From its park-like setting you can witness sunsets that you will never forget. The oldest structure on the farm (circa 1790), the cottage is a charming reconstruction of a cozy two-story country home, with original wood flooring.
- The air-conditioned Cottage is ideal for two to four people.
- It has a living room with fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- One with bath
- A wide deck, complete with grill and furniture and with lovely mountain and vineyard views.