The Cottages at Sharp Rock Vineyards
A Bed & Breakfast Experience
The Sharp Rock Way at Old Rag Mountain
- Your own private cottage — perfect for couples and families
- Complimentary wine tasting and bottle of your choice
- Cottages stocked with complimentary coffees, teas, juices & snacks
- Enjoy fresh fruit & baked goods in the privacy of your cottage each morning
- Mountain views with riverside location
Sharp Rock in an unspoiled, rolling valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Hughes River gently meanders through Sharp Rock’s twenty-five acres which embody the peace and pleasures of country life at its best. Sharp Rock Farm is not only a bed and breakfast, but a working vineyard and winery. Guests are invited to tour the vineyard and taste the award-winning wines in our tasting room.
Wake to golden sun rays peeking over the mountains and lull yourself into a complacent, slower rhythm of life. Unwind and relax with a glass of wine on your private cottage deck. Stroll through the vineyard or simply cozy up in your cottage with a good book or conversation.
- Hike the nearby and legendary Old Rag Mountain only 2 minutes up the road
- First-time hikers can travel nearby to White Oak Canyon Falls for an easy sojourn.
- Little Devil Stairs attracts more experienced climbers.
- Take a short drive to the famed Luray Caverns.
- Nearby you can go horseback riding, antiquing, gallery-hunting or wine tasting.
- Try your luck at fishing for fresh mountain trout footsteps from your cottage.
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the clear mountain-fed water of the Sharp Rock swimming hole.
The Carriage House
$200 per night: Sunday – Thursday / $220: Friday & Saturday
The first thing you appreciate about the Carriage House is its total privacy.
- The view is spectacular — a clear portrait of Old Rag Mountain with the Hughes River flowing below.
- The light and cheery bedroom/sitting room opens to a deck shaded by an ancient cherry tree.
- Authentic touches, such as 150-year-old pine flooring, are complimented by modern conveniences.
- Cottage has A/C
- Queen bed
- Electric Fireplace
- Mini refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave
$225: Sunday – Thursday for one or two people; $240: Friday & Saturday /$25.00 per extra person
The Cottage could be called “The Sunset House”. From its park-like setting you can witness sunsets that you will never forget. The oldest structure on the farm (circa 1790), the cottage is a charming reconstruction of a cozy two-story country home, with original wood flooring.
- The air-conditioned Cottage is ideal for two to four people.
- It has a living room with gas fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- One with bath
- A wide deck, complete with grill and furniture and with lovely mountain and vineyard views.
Deposits, Cancellations and Policies
- Credit Card needed to hold reservation
- Two weeks notice is required for full refund.
- We love our pets, but to accommodate all of our overnight guests, we do not allow pets in our B&B.
Gift certificates for the winery and B&B are available. Contact us.
“We just stayed in the carriage house and it was truly what we were looking for which was a total disconnect from the D.C. area. We took a cooler with a picnic dinner so after wine tasting we sat on our own personal deck overlooking the small river and enjoyed our wine and dinner in total quiet. At night the lightening bugs came out and the whole area looked like it had been dusted with glitter. It’s like the place that time forgot, no wifi, cell phone or TV but it is so refreshing.